Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What do you love and hate?

2»

Replies to: What do you love and hate?

• LKADmomLKADmom Registered User Posts: 154 Junior Member
    That's encouraging as her combined SAT excluding the writing is 1320.
    She has the type of personality that administrators and teachers love- she's tenacious, prepared, fun loving, and always has something to say in class- I think her recs will be very good. Hopefully if she decides to go ED it will give her a little edge...
  • ticklemepinkticklemepink Registered User Posts: 2,764 Senior Member
    The food's not too bad at all- chicken caesar wraps are a big thing! There are a lot of options, especially with the COOP giving you an option of taking food out. I just love it when they actually make burgers, quesedillas, grilled cheese, omelet, etc in front of you!

The rooms aren't too shabby, but eh, at least they don't feel like prison cells. I don't know about singles in your freshman year since all freshmen dorms are in suites. It's possible to get singles after that. I'm fairly happy. Colgate really tries hard in this area because of the new requirement for students to live on campus for all four years so they want less complaining and more wow-ing. The new townhouses are just gorgeous!

Trust me, you will be fine, 5 hours away from home. People do go home for breaks- no one really stays on campus. There are people from CT, MA, NY, NJ, and PA who drive. So you won't have problems finding a ride. I think students really enjoy going home for breaks just because there's so much to do at Colgate that it's just nice to be home for quiet and peace! And for some of Mom's homemade goodies (oh... well.. my mom bought me some brownies today.... :))
2»
This discussion has been closed.