Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

ACT frustration/question

Harvard_HopefulHarvard_Hopeful Registered User Posts: 155 Junior Member
edited October 2010 in College Admissions
So I think standardized testing is out to get me haha. The first time I took the ACT, I got 33s on both Writing and Math, but I did pretty bad on Reading and History. So my composite ended up being a 30. Then when I took it in September, I did the opposite (I think I studied too hard on my weaker areas and thus I didn't do as well the 2nd time around). Anyway, I ended up with a 30 composite again. Grr...So my question is this, I noticed that on the US News report, 30 is like the lowest for the ivies (I'm obsessed with Yale). Is a 30 just too low? I mean luckily for Brown and Cornell, they allow superscoring for the ACT (which is a 33 for me). So for those I'm ok. I know that scores are only part of the application, but they are a big part. My essays are really good (I think) and I have glowing letters of rec from my teachers and counselor. I really would like some honest feedback (meaning not rude comments please). I still do have September and December to take the test, but I'm just curious where I stand as of now? Oh and I know these aren't given must weight anymore, but my subject tests are all 700+ (if that helps at all). Thanks!
Post edited by Harvard_Hopeful on

Replies to: ACT frustration/question

This discussion has been closed.