Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How low can your first semester grade drop?

colderemycolderemy Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
edited September 2005 in College Admissions
So how low can your first semester grade of your senior year drop and not have your admission revoked. I have had a 3.85 UW GPA throughout the past 3 years and I might get a C in math and 2 Bs which comes out to be a 3.35 UW. My toughest schools are NYU, Indiana U. and Purdue. Would they revoke my admission?
Post edited by colderemy on

Replies to: How low can your first semester grade drop?

• sybbie719sybbie719 Super Moderator Posts: 22,389 Super Moderator
    The school is going to ultimately be the one that determines that. Many schools request first marking period grades for ED candidates for just this reason because they want to see you continuing the trend.

If you are looking to apply RD, I would suggest that instead of worrying about how low you can go, invest the time in getting tutoring or the extra help you need to turn things around.
  • foodisgoodfoodisgood Registered User Posts: 874 Member
    don't worry too much because schools know that senior year is pretty tough with the full load of AP courses. Of course, those 2 Bs better be in hard classes such as a science course or your in trouble.
  • colderemycolderemy Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    yea i currently hav ea C in ap calculus and 2 bs in ap art history and ap english. i havnt been working as hard as last year because i have too much things to do. i am also taking ap spanish and have an internship in the afternoon. i figured that my gpa will drop down to 3.33 if i end up with a C and 2 Bs. is that low enough?
  • sybbie719sybbie719 Super Moderator Posts: 22,389 Super Moderator
    It seems almost like you sound defeated and are just willing to accept the fact that you are going to get a C & 2 b's. Have you spoken with your teacher about options to turn it around? Maybe extra credit or s/he could set you up with a tutor.

As I stated earlier, if money is an issue and if none of your schools offer need based financial aid, a slide could have fiduciary consequences.

Since NYU does not offer need based FA, so a dip could it could knock you out of the money for any type of scholarship aid based on grades.
This discussion has been closed.