Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Questions about new SAT policy.

mruncleramosmruncleramos Registered User Posts: 320 Junior Member
edited September 2005 in College Admissions
This is an extract from the Georgetown website as an example. "Should a student submit scores from both the old and revised SAT, we will use the highest verbal and the highest math score from either version of the test when reviewing the application." For example, if a student took the old SAT and got 800V 200M and the new SAT with 800M 200V that they will consider this as 800M 800V, or that if we took the old SAT and new SAT multiple times that they would use highest scores from either all of the new SAT or all of the old SAT. For example old: 400M 200V, 300M 500V would translate into 400M 500V and also new: 200M 800V, 800M 400V would be 800V, 800M so that they would take the combined scores for the new SAT because it is higher?
Post edited by mruncleramos on

Replies to: Questions about new SAT policy.

• JeepMOMJeepMOM Registered User Posts: 2,499 Senior Member
    Common practice is to take the highest scores of all submitted scores for the highest combined score - as the M/V sections are in sync for old and new SAT - the only difference would be to add the W section for the highest score total
  • aaron56aaron56 Registered User Posts: 2,077 Senior Member
    if a student took the old SAT and got 800V 200M and the new SAT with 800M 200V

chances are collegeboard won't even release the second score... too much disparity. but i know it's only an example.

but i gues tht goes with colleges as well, if u've improved significantly or got a little lower in one section, it's ok. but if one of ur section scores goes down significantly (i dunno, maybe 100+points?) in the latest test, adcoms will raise an eyebrow...
This discussion has been closed.