Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

University of California Application's Additional Comments

lovetrulylovetruly Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
edited December 2010 in College Admissions
After I submitted my application, I found out that I wrongly used the Additional Comments section in the UC Application. Would this count against me for admissions into the UCs I applied to?
Post edited by lovetruly on

Replies to: University of California Application's Additional Comments

• Casechaser5Casechaser5 Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
    i have a similar problem,
    I just found out that i had pasted my essays in the wrong question...

i put essay #2 into the #1 spot....and vice versa..

is there any way to correct it??
    This is disappointing..
  • GorblethorpGorblethorp Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I don't think it should affect you. In fact, I can't see how anything you put in there could be considered incorrect, seeing as its a section specifically designed for bits of miscellanea you couldn't fit elsewhere in the app. I personally used it to clarify that a BYU class I'd listed was, in fact, an online class.
  • lovetrulylovetruly Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    I accidentally used it as a way to sort of extend my personal statements. But thanks.

@Casechaser5: Have you tried contacting the UC application processing service? Though, I heard that if you needed to make changes after you submit, you have to report them to each of the UCs you applied to.
  • ScottieDScottieD Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    lovetruly- did you receive a response? did the same thing... neglected to report one of my 12th grade classes... IB Theory of Knowlege. So frustrated.
  • lovetrulylovetruly Registered User Posts: 42 Junior Member
    @ScottieD, I actually did get an e-mail back. They told me to either contact each campus directly or to forward an e-mail/mail a letter to the Application Processing Service with complete name, application ID number, date of birth, and your new information. The e-mail is [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.