Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

quick question - update letter of rec?

milleniumfalconmilleniumfalcon Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
edited February 2011 in College Admissions
Hi everyone! This should be quick. I have a couple of Mock Trial awards I want to add to my files, etc. which I think I'll do this very week.

BUT my question is that my history teacher recently offered to write me a letter of rec if I ever needed one because quote he "thinks I'm great"... ? I'm wondering if I should take him up on that, or if colleges find the extra reading so late in the game just annoying.

Advice?

*Will probably send to Columbia, NYU, Hah-vahd, and George Wash. I've already gotten in to some, and the rest are public and I know they don't want extra crap to read. Let me know!
Post edited by milleniumfalcon on

Replies to: quick question - update letter of rec?

• n99127n99127 Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    You can ask your history teacher about the general outline of what he plans to write in his letter of recommendation. Unless it is something particularly interesting or unique, then it probably won't help you much or at all. However, if your history teacher was somehow related to your Mock Trial experience, then it might be somewhat helpful.
This discussion has been closed.