Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

sophomore - weighing in..

zippity67zippity67 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hello! I know this is rather premature, but I would love to get some opinions on how I stand as a high school sophomore. I'd love to be a doctor, but I am interested in law, as well, and if anyone would give me their honest opinion I would appreciate it very much.

My Info

Female
Asian

GPA (weighted): 4.18
Class rank: 35/240 (top 14%)
PSAT score: 200
School: competitive magnet high school, #33 in nation
Sports: lacrosse
Clubs: French Club (president), Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA rep.), Youth & Government member, Model UN member
Volunteer: 333 hours as a counselor at the local Children's Museum, 50+ hours at Reading for the Blind & Disabled

Semester 1 of sophomore year:
AP French 4: A
Precalculus: A+
English: A-
World History: A+
Pre-AP Chemistry: A-
Humanities: A+
Newspaper: A+

I am applying for a summer volunteer program in Tanzania this summer, expecting to volunteer at a nursing home or at the local hospital, taking a community college class for APUSH as well. I'm hoping I can get into Stamford, University of Chicago, Johns Hopkins, Brown, Columbia, the like. If you have any ideas for me in terms of what I can do to round out my rep sheet, get into colleges of that caliber, or how you think I stack up, please let me know!

Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.