right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Supplemental Recs to Five Colleges?

mwbashful18mwbashful18 348 replies129 threads Member
edited October 2005 in College Admissions
Does anybody know if Northwestern U, Cornell U, UNC-Chapel Hill, and Johns Hopkins accept supplemental/additional recs and actually take them into consideration? I have a teacher whom I know very well because we're more like friends than anything, but he was never a core subject teacher--he was for eighth grade, but last year I was his peer mentor for one of his hours. More like personal assistant, but I digress. Will these schools take his rec into consideration because it will explain a lot about me that my other GC and teacher recs will not?
edited October 2005
1 replies
Post edited by mwbashful18 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Supplemental Recs to Five Colleges?

• dukeclassof09dukeclassof09 476 replies1 threads Member
    Northwestern definitely accepts supplementary recommendations; I asked them last year about sending two, and they said it would be fine.

I sent at least one supplementary recommendation everywhere (including Cornell) without asking in advance, and it was not a problem. They are probably looked at just like any other recommendation.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity