Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Needed Math for Competitive Ivy-Level Application

kybornivyboundkybornivybound Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I am a sophomore in Louisville, KY who has a 4.0 and I'm aspiring to apply to several Ivy League schools and those of equal caliber (UChicago, perhaps Standford). Due to several reasons, I'm on a "backwards" math track. I am taking Honors Geometry with an A, but would like to take AP Calculus senior year. However, unless I take an Algebra 2 summer course, I would only reach Honors Precalculus Senior year, which I could take with AP Statistics. Would doing Algebra 2 Junior year and Precal/Stats Senior year be sufficient for a good application, or should I seize the summer opportunity for an Algebra 2 course, taking Precalculus Junior year and AP Calculus Senior year? Would such a concentrated course be good for success?

I just want some feedback and would appreciate any from experience or other insight. Thank you all!
This discussion has been closed.