Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Your opinions please!

VitoochVitooch Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited April 2011 in College Admissions
Hi guys, I would like to share my grades, the colleges I have applied to and the decisions I have received from said colleges. Subsequently, I would like to hear your opinions on some of my concerns regarding my college search and ultimate decision.

SAT:
680 Reading
600 Math
690 Writing

GPA: 97, Ranked 15th in graduating class

Took a handful of AP classes since sophomore year (4 on AP English and 3 on AP American History). The remaining classes were scholars and honors classes (my school's most academically advanced classes)

Member of National Honor Society, volunteered to teach 3rd graders once a week in my senior year, played high school lacrosse for four years, did some volunteer work in and outside of school, won a few academic awards....

I applied to:
Rutgers - Accepted to Engineering, Pharmacy, and Arts and Sciences with scholarships
TCNJ - Accepted to Engineering school with scholarship
UDel - Accepted to Engineering school with scholarship
Northeastern - Waitlisted (arts and sciences school) :(
NYU - Rejected (arts and sciences school) :(
Villanova - Waitlisted (Engineering)
Lehigh - Waitlisted (" ")
Accepted to Stony Brook and Binghamton

Is anyone surprised by any of the decisions I received, more specifically NYU, Northeastern, Lehigh or Villanova? Any chance of being eventually accepted to Northeastern? Any suggestions of where I should go? (I would like to attend a college with a solid engineering reputation but also a great arts and sciences school if I decide to transfer). Is pursuing an arts and sciences major worthwhile? Great job opportunities with arts and sciences or engineering degrees? Any other colleges you suggest that I might wanna look into that meet my criteria? Please respond and thanks!
Post edited by Vitooch on

Replies to: Your opinions please!

This discussion has been closed.