Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Princeton vs Others (for Engineering/CS)

leonardo8939leonardo8939 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
edited April 2011 in College Admissions
I was rather fortunate to have been admitted to five fantastic schools: Johns Hopkins Engineering, UPenn Engineering, Carnegie Mellon (Engineering School), Cooper Union, and Princeton. As the title of this thread states, I am likely going to do Electrical/Mechanical/Software Engineering or Computer Science at these schools.

At this point, I am pretty much set on Princeton, but I wanted to know if there are any arguments that might convince me (and my parents) to reconsider.

To explain my choice of Princeton:
Of my five choices, Princeton is the second closest geographically, is first in overall education, and offers an intrinsic +10 bonus to first impressions with its name. Though it ranks third on my list in terms of pure E/CS curriculum, I feel its advantages give it leverage over Cooper and Carnegie.

So, is there anything wrong with my thought process/decision that could make me reevaluate my choices?
Post edited by leonardo8939 on

Replies to: Princeton vs Others (for Engineering/CS)

• VizziniVizzini Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    How do your finances shake out? If you can go to Princeton without accumulating a lot of debt, it's a great opportunity.
This discussion has been closed.