Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

NYU Law Transfer Question

AxemahnAxemahn Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited March 2011 in College Admissions
I'm a student at BMCC, it's a Community College : ( and I wanted to know a few things about transfering to NYU Law school. First, is it even possible to get accepted by NYU Law coming from a community college?

Second, I'm planning to get an associates degree in liberal arts, and I'm taking the typical liberal arts courses, and i wanted to know if I could be accepted into NYU Law with that degree. I thought I had to take law courses to prove to them I could do it, but apparantly my counselor said i should get a liberal arts degree first just in case.

I wanted to go NYU and take my courses there but i guess I'll just finish up all the required courses (like health and math) at BMCC and then take the actual law courses at NYU? Is that how that would work?

Im new to this college business so sorry if my questions are a bit retarded.
Post edited by Axemahn on

Replies to: NYU Law Transfer Question

• MommaJMommaJ Registered User Posts: 5,732 Senior Member
    Law school is generally a three-year course of study that follows a full four-year bachelor's degree. If your current college doesn't offer a bachelor's degree, you'll need to transfer to another undergraduate institution to finish your remaining courses, and then apply to law school during your senior year.
This discussion has been closed.