Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is my GPA good enough??

enidandanceenidandance Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited April 2011 in College Admissions
right now my gpa is a 3.3 no honors or ap classes. i screwed up sophomore year and had to retake geometry because i got a D, i ended up getting a B+ after summer school, and now i'm a junior and i am receiving all A's and 1 B (In Trig). I'm taking the ACT in June. i plan on going to a cal state because i doubt i can get into a uc, but i was wondering if i should try anyway. I have over 100 community service hours, am an editor for my school paper, and have done 3 years of track&field and 1 year of gymnastics. I am a teacher assistant at my dance studio and am also a dancer. i plan on majoring in dance in college so i was looking towards long beach state but i heard uci has a really nice dance program too. Is it easier to get into a uc if you have a low key major??
Post edited by enidandance on

Replies to: Is my GPA good enough??

• taylorrtaylorr Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    What's your SAT score? If it is fairly high, you will have a good chance. Your extra curricular activities are great, but you need to take more honors & AP next year to get your GPA up. You should apply to as many as 8 colleges, make sure you even write a list of your reach, safety, etc.
This discussion has been closed.