Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What are my chances of getting into UConn?

taylorrtaylorr Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
edited May 2011 in College Admissions
I'm a sophomore, I screwed up last year and got C's so my GPA is a 3.6 which isn't anything to brag about but it's not completely bad, I haven't got a C all year so my GPA will be over a 4.0 by the end of the year because I'm in some honors. I am only in two clubs (Best Buddies & Ultimate Frisbee, which I know, aren't good for a college application) but I'm starting to volunteer (I have two hours so far, I'm proud) and I plan to have over 75 hours by the time I graduate.

My schedule for next year is:

AP Psych, AP English Lang, Chemistry Honors, Trigonometry, Spanish II, American History Honors and Physiology/Anatomy Honors.

The clubs I'm going to be in next year are Student Government, Student Advisory Committee, Key Club and Ultimate Frisbee Club.

My schedule for Senior year is:

AP Human Geo, AP English Lit, Spanish III Honors, Pre-Med Honors, AP Environmental, AP Macroeconomics and Pre-Calculus.

The clubs I'm going to be in my Senior year are National Honors Society, BETA, Student Government, Student Advisory Committee and possibly Key Club.

I haven't taken the SAT yet, but my scores on my PSAT were above average and I'm doing a lot of practice so I will have a fairly high score when I take it.

What do you think are my chances of getting into UConn? Be honest. I need advice/comments. Thanks so much!
Post edited by taylorr on

Replies to: What are my chances of getting into UConn?

• caligulashorsecaligulashorse Registered User Posts: 311 Member
    Grade-wise, I think you're a shoo-in if you're in-state, and I would imagine your chances aren't too shabby if you're out-of-state either.

That being said, though, definitely bulk up on the extracurriculars. I'm from Connecticut, and I know a few people with pretty good grades but few ECs who got rejected. I think your grades will probably get you into UConn fine, but do more during the summer or something to make it look like you do things other than schoolwork.
  • taylorrtaylorr Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Thanks so much I definitely will get involved way more, I'm kind of shy but I shouldn't let that stop me. Actually I live in Florida, but my dad is a Connecticut resident and we called and I'm considered an in-state student :) But once again, thanks I will definitely get involved way more.
  • invader71invader71 Registered User Posts: 1,660 Senior Member
    Aim for a 1800-2000ish and would have a great chance goodluck.
  • taylorrtaylorr Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.