Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Do You Have To Report All Test Scores

coquicoqui Registered User Posts: 1,682 Senior Member
edited November 2004 in College Admissions
For the Common app online, it gives you 3 spaces for to type in your sat scores and 3 for your act scores. i've taken both tests twice. is it better to just put the best one only or do i have to report all of them? all my scores are on my transcripts anyway, right. does it look better if i just put one?
Post edited by coqui on

Replies to: Do You Have To Report All Test Scores

• azneverfrostazneverfrost Registered User Posts: 189 Junior Member
    there is a reason they give you 3 spaces
  • lindseylujhlindseylujh Registered User Posts: 1,570 Senior Member
    Just put all of them.
  • amdandrewamdandrew Registered User Posts: 287 Junior Member
    If you have one where math and verbal are your best, just put that one. you would only include several testing dates if you have higher math/verbal on different days.
  • intelliotintelliot Registered User Posts: 765 Member
    math/verbal is just two. why 3 spaces then? I would tend to think that azneverfrost's suggestion is reasonable.
  • lindseylujhlindseylujh Registered User Posts: 1,570 Senior Member
    You misunderstood. What they meant was there are places for testing from 3 different dates, math and verbal for each date (3x2 = 6 spages total).

Thus, it makes zero sense to just put down different dates if you have better scores from different dates because there are 3. Put them all! Why is this so difficult? They're going to get them alll anyway and it's going to look dishonest if you just don't put some scores down.
This discussion has been closed.