Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Will adcoms scoff at my essay?

toomuch2say87toomuch2say87 Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
edited November 2004 in College Admissions
For one of my short answer essays for Princeton, I wrote about a huge insecurity problem I had from middle school through the middle of high school school. Basically, I was obsessed with how I was seen by other people, and thought that if everything about me was not perfect then no one would want to be my friend. The odd thing about this was, mentally I guess the way I felt could be linked to eating disorders, because no matter how good I looked to other people when I looked in the mirror I saw something different. However, the problem had to do with obsessively fixing my hair. My friends have read it, and the majority of them have laughed at the topic and told me that no ad com is going to take it seriously...and they evidently don't either. My teachers and GC read it, and they thought it was very sincere and I convey how serious it was well. However, I'm still kinda worried. Is it possible that the adcoms might not like it or think it not impressive or just label me weird (all comments lol)? Help...

I'll pm people the essay that want to read it
Post edited by toomuch2say87 on

Replies to: Will adcoms scoff at my essay?

• Dusk2kDusk2k Registered User Posts: 150 Junior Member
    I'll take a gander at it. PM me.

Can you give me some tips on how to write a "what will you contribute" type essay (200 words)
  • toomuch2say87toomuch2say87 Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    sure.... for what school...isn't that kinda like a "why do you want to go here" , just worded differently...if so I'll PM what I wrote for Columbia.
This discussion has been closed.