Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance Me! UPenn Nursing :)

mhopp38mhopp38 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
So I know UPenn is a reach for me, but I just wanted to know if I have any chance at all!

GPA: 4.18 weighted
ACT: 31 (eh)
APs (over the years): World history, Human Geography, Gov, Econ, Calc BC, Statistics, Environmental Science
Other advanced courses: Honors english every year, Honors Anatomy and Physiology, a project advance writing course through Syracuse University, Multivariable Calculus through Syracuse University, and a college-level Arabic class through a local community college.

Extra Currics:
-Student Leadership (Sophomore Class President, Junior Class President, then co Student Body President)
-Cross Country all 4 yrs (4 yr varsity runner, 2008 Rookie of the year, 2011 Sportsmanship award, 2011 highest GPA award)
-Tennis 3 yrs (2 yrs on varsity, JV Captain, 2011 MVP, 2011 and 2012 Golden Bear Award)
-Generation of Promise (diversity and race-relations group, 1 of 4 applicants accepted from my school)
-Volunteer Club
-Students Against Destructive Decisions for 2 yrs (with various small leadership roles)
-Leadership Training Canoeing/Hiking trips over the summers
-Summer Camp Counselor

Other Honors:
-National Honors Society
-Science National Honors Society (Treasurer and liaison for Environmental Club)
-Math National Honors Society
-Spanish National Honors Society (Secretary for 1 yr)

I can't really think of anything else to include. I actually really liked my essays; I think I accurately described why I want to be a nurse. While I am worried about my ACT score, I'm hoping it won't hurt me too much. Please be honest! I promise to chance back! :)
This discussion has been closed.