I thank you in advance for reading my lengthy post. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Please excuse me if my resume sounds in any way pompous, but it is difficult to sound humble in these sorts of things.
Caucasian Male, Class of 2013
Benjamin School -- Private High School in Palm Beach, Florida
- GPA: 3.81
- SAT: 2040 overall (770 Grammar, 580 Math, 690 Reading.) -- taken only once
- SAT II U.S. History: 770
- SAT II Literature: 640
- Will have taken 3 APs going into Senior Year (will take 4 APs Senior Year)
*Note: school did not allow Freshman and Sophomores to take APs. Due to the reputation of my school, my academic schedule would be considered challenging.
- National Honor Society
- Harvard Model Congress Debate (won award)
- Junior Statesmen of America Debate (won award)
- POLITICO (Politics club)
- School Newspaper
- American History Club (Founder and Leader)
- History Student of the Year 2012
- Johns Hopkins Award 2012
*In reality, this is just a "recognition of academic achievement" award... it just sounds prestigious
- JSA Debate Award
- Paid Counselor at sports camp in Summer of 2011
- Education Intern at the Litchfield Historical Society in Summer of 2012 (now)
* Prepared museum programs, gave tours, worked with archives, etc.
- Varsity football
*I may play if I attend a Division III school.
- Varsity track (discus, sprint)
- I am certain that I will be a U.S. History Major. Although my resume is weak in some areas, I believe my specific credentials in history are (hopefully) second to none at the the high school level.
- I plan to pursue graduate study in American history, the social sciences (specifically politics) and law.
- I then hope to use my history background to become a lawyer or somehow involved in politics.
SCHOOLS I AM APPLYING TO (Subject to change):
Oxford at Emory
Washington & Lee
William & Mary
UT - Austin
As you all know, it is difficult to determine once's chances by simply viewing an online profile. Even a simple "ballpark" estimate would be greatly appreciated.