Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
SwagdoeSwagdoe Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
edited June 2012 in College Admissions
*Sorry if this is the wrong section*

I am an incoming sophomore, and my schedule of academic subjects is this (just a background for my question):

-English Honors
-Am. Civ Honors
-Orchestra-elective
-AP CALC AB
-Chemistry Honors
-AP STAT-elective
-French III-elective

I am planning on taking two AP Tests this May so far- stat and calc, but I would like to add another to make myself look better for the college app, and for possible college credit. What is a really easy AP or APs that I can self study with this hard workload already this year, and still get a 4 or 5 in all the AP tests I take?

And how would I go about doing this?
Post edited by Swagdoe on

Replies to: AP Help

• magentaturtlemagentaturtle Registered User Posts: 1,138 Senior Member
    If you're looking for an easy AP, chances are colleges will know its an easy AP as well. I would recommend you dedicate this time elsewhere.

Perhaps prepare for your SATs or maybe some extracurriculars. If there's one thing I regret as a rising senior, it's my lack of leadership positions in my extracurriculars.
  • tushinatortushinator Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    Some of the easiest overall APs are human geography and psychology. Psychology might be useful in college as a humanities elective and for some majors however human geography is really useless for the most part other than putting it on your application. If your good at memorizing try biology or environmental science.. I just self studied those for like a month and got a 4. Unless you really really have a knack for these subjects, I would stay away from calculus, stats, physics, and chemistry. History APs won't really help you past college applications unless you plan on majoring in history or any related major.
This discussion has been closed.