Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Quick Interview Question

Rasseru77Rasseru77 Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
edited June 2012 in College Admissions
When do I get my interview (as in, grade level), both for normal application and for early action? I can't find that information anywhere.
Post edited by Rasseru77 on

Replies to: Quick Interview Question

• T26E4T26E4 Registered User Posts: 24,274 Senior Member
    The vast majority of colleges don't interview. For those that do, a few will accept on-campus interviews the summer before your Senior year. Others may contact you after you apply (EA or regular) -- you don't contact them. Still, for the bulk of these, an interview is not required.
  • rspencerspence Registered User Posts: 2,118 Senior Member
    Depends on the university. Most state colleges don't interview (since they have so many applicants). The selective schools usually have on-campus interviews, or have former alumni interview applicants (MIT does this). Interviews take place sometime during senior year, during the application process.
  • terencterenc Registered User Posts: 1,128 Senior Member
    Most selective colleges don't even have on-campus interviews, as far as I'm aware, since all of my interviews were alumni interviews (and all but two of the schools I applied to had interviews).
This discussion has been closed.