Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Took two gap years

ElizaMichelleElizaMichelle Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
edited June 2012 in College Admissions
I took two gap years following high school graduation- i had to drop out of UCSC because they dont allow deferrals, so I'm re-applying to college this coming year (to the UCs mostly). In my time off, I've attended a non-accredited seminary school in Missouri. Can I still apply as a college freshman to the UC's? Thanks!
Post edited by ElizaMichelle on

Replies to: Took two gap years

  • entomomentomom Registered User Posts: 23,662 Senior Member
    University of California - Transfer
    Who is a transfer student?

    You are a transfer student if you enrolled in a regular session at a college or university after high school. (Summer sessions don't count.)

    My recommendation would be to call them up and ask about specifically about your situation.
  • ElizaMichelleElizaMichelle Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    thanks! I'll call them monday, but I don't think I apply as a transfer because my seminary school is un-accredited and doesn't teach any classes that aren't bible related, so there would be nothing for me to transfer over anyway, I'd have to start as a college freshman
This discussion has been closed.