Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Maximum 8 score recipients in SAT registration?

a_fathera_father Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
My D and I are perplexed with the procedure for sending SAT scores to colleges. Please help. Thank you.

Question 1.
It seems one cannot choose more than 8 score recipients "during SAT registration". Is the following information, available on Collegeboard's FAQ (sat.collegeboard.org/help), true or false?

BEGIN QUOTE
How do I send scores to colleges and scholarship programs?

When you register for the SAT, you will have the opportunity to send scores to colleges and scholarship programs. Four score reports are included as part of your registration. You may also choose four additional schools or scholarship programs for an additional fee for each report.

After your test has been scored, you can send additional score reports at any time, for an additional fee per score report.
END QUOTE

Question 2.
D completed the online registration including payment for the October 6, 2012 SAT earlier this summer but did not specify any score recipient at that time. Yesterday (Sep. 29) she logged back in and was able to include nine (9) colleges as recipients of the Oct 6 SAT (and paid 5 times $11 = $55). The results of Oct 6 will be available on Oct 25. Now, assuming the "max 8 recipients" rule above is wrong, will all the 9 colleges be electronically sent the score on Oct 25/26, or will only the first four be sent electronically and the remaining five in the "usual" way (five weeks)? So, our question is, does the "registration score report" include only the first four recipients or all the nine?

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.