Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Columbia application question

18sorensk18sorensk Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
Hi all,
I have a question that has been bothering me so hopefully someone will be able help me resolve my worries! Two summers ago, I recieved a partial scholarship (from an outside foundation) to attend a summer program for high school students at Columbia University. Unfortunately, do to my family's financial situation, we were unable to pay the costs the scholarship didn't cover and I was unable to go. I was in contact with various people from the university trying to see if we could work something out but to no avail. Now I am most likely applying to Columbia ED and I'm not sure whether or not I should mention that I was accepted to the program on my application. I mentioned that I recieved the scholarship because it was a significant accomplishment, but left it at that. Also, would I show up in the system when Columbia is reviewing my application (I think I had a columbia ID)? Would it be counted against me that I didn't attend the program? Thanks so much to anyone who can help!
This discussion has been closed.