Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Signature (online app.)

haakonapphaakonapp Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
edited January 2006 in College Admissions
i have submitted my application online. and 've mailed my R.L. and year report. now i have found that i forgot to mail my signature (by handwriting). what should i do now? can i fax my handwriting signature or email a scanned copy or in some other ways? the Post Service is really slow and expensive. i really don't wanna use it.
Post edited by haakonapp on

Replies to: Signature (online app.)

• dufus3709dufus3709 Registered User Posts: 3,052 Senior Member
    If you don't want to mail it, make contact with the college and ask them. I would imagine they would accept a fax or scanned copy.
  • haakonapphaakonapp Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    OK. i would ask them...but some large colleges like Yale and Cornell and JHU don't even reply to my emails. What should i do then? make phone calls? I am in mainland China.

I wish that they would accept my scanned copy or a fax.
  • dufus3709dufus3709 Registered User Posts: 3,052 Senior Member
    It won't keep them from processing your application. Somewhere in their database they have a flag set saying that they are missing your signature card. They aren't going to turn you down over that.

You have three ways, you could do all three at once. You could try one after the other. The first one I would try is the fax. You said that you don't want to mail it if you can help it. If they aren't answering your emails yet, they won't see the scanned copy.

It you fax it, it will show up on their fax machine and they will have to do something about it. People can ignore emails, but they don't just throw away faxes. Put a cover letter on it explaining the situation and ask them to email or fax you back an acknowledgement.
  • haakonapphaakonapp Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    OK. I will try to do that. FAX. thanks a million!
  • AntariusAntarius Registered User Posts: 4,614 Senior Member
    cornell and JHU have been prompt in their replies when I emailed them
    Itspeak time now, so it might take a day or two, but I have got my replies and good useful ones too

The only people who reply rubbish and rarely is collegeboard
This discussion has been closed.