Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Accepted to MIT EA...but should I apply to more?

2»

Replies to: Accepted to MIT EA...but should I apply to more?

• ucbalumnusucbalumnus Registered User Posts: 74,593 Senior Member
    Assuming that you and your parents can afford MIT, you now have it as a safety...

So now you can concentrate on applying only to other schools which you may choose over MIT for whatever reason.
  • dodgersmomdodgersmom Registered User Posts: 7,313 Senior Member
    I'd suggest spending some time on the MIT forum here on CC to get an "insider's" view of the school.

The MIT admissions blog also has a number of students who post - that might give you some additional insight into the school.
  • rhg3rdrhg3rd Registered User Posts: 947 Member
    Don't bother. The only two universities that beat MIT in cross-admits are Yale and Harvard.
  • unicameral2013unicameral2013 - Posts: 830 Member
    Yeah pd2013 I applied to several low matches/safeties cause I was freaking out about being rejected everywhere lol. But y'know, any way you slice it, our current predicament is probably one of the most luxurious "problems" to have. :p
  • pd2013pd2013 Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Thanks for all the responses, everyone!
  • rebel11rebel11 - Posts: 519 Member
    My nephew is a PHD candidate in Micro Biology @ MIT. He loves it. He went undergrad to Carnegie Mellon.
  • SpaceDuckSpaceDuck Registered User Posts: 527 Member
    I also was accepted EA to MIT. I applied to Princeton as well.

Right now it's a matter of which school will provide FA, if I am admitted to Princeton (not counting on it).

If I don't get into Princeton, I will be quite happy at MIT (#1 choice plus I visted and liked the campus somewhat, I don't think I appreciated it fully at the time because I visited Harvard right before lol.)

Go for it, apply to other schools. It doesn't hurt to try!
2»
This discussion has been closed.