Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Letters of Recommendation?? How to thank teachers??

pandapanda94pandapanda94 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited January 2013 in College Admissions
Hi everyone! :) I'm currently a high school senior in the process of applying to colleges. I have asked a few of my teachers for recommendation letters, which they have given me. I thanked them in person, but I don't feel that's enough. I want to get thank you cards, but how would I deliver them? Is it awkward or strange to hand-deliver cards?? I would mail it to them, but I don't know their addresses, and since I see them virtually every day that also seems a little odd. This is probably a pretty silly and nitpicky question, but I want to thank them the right way!! Please help! >_<
Post edited by pandapanda94 on

Replies to: Letters of Recommendation?? How to thank teachers??

• kagami6918kagami6918 Registered User Posts: 593 Member
    Well...I don't think there's a RIGHT way. I baked cookies for my teachers though, and at the end of the school year I baked some more cookies and thanked them again. You can wait until the last day of school to give them the cards, maybe. Or if you want it to be immediate, I don't think there's really anything wrong with hand-delivering. It's much more personal that way as well.
  • jennielingjennieling Registered User Posts: 339 Member
    My son gave each teacher and the counselor homemade choc chip cookies (in one of those small round clear containers w/ a lid that are disposable--about $1 each) and taped a thank-you card (in an envelope) to the top of the lid. I think a handwritten card is key! If you don't want to do cookies and just want to do the card but are embarassed to hand it, just take it to the school main office and ask the secretary to put it in that teacher's mailbox. Problem solved! :)
  • egelloc80egelloc80 Registered User Posts: 818 Member
    I don't think there's really anything wrong with hand-delivering
    Second this. Also sometimes an acknowlegement is just enough
  • pandapanda94pandapanda94 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Thanks everyone! These are great ideas to work with :)
  • crittermomcrittermom Registered User Posts: 628 Member
    We bought mugs from the College D will be attending. We will fill it up with sees chocolate candies or suckers and give them to the teachers with a personal photo card we made on iPhoto.
This discussion has been closed.