Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I messed up :(

sprocket124sprocket124 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
edited February 2013 in College Admissions
I applied regular admission for one of my colleges, and they ask for two recommendation letters. I sent all my information except for 1 letter in a big envelope. Afterwards, I sent the other one and everything seemed OK until I looked online. It said that the second one was not received. I decided to call them and tell them what was happening and the lady told me that everything was received and the website takes a few weeks to update since so many applications are ccoming in and I'll be fine. So all my friends got their decision except for me. I called in to see what was going on and now they say they did not receive the second one. I'm positive I mailed it(lost the receipt) and the lady I talked to said they already received it. Apparently it is too late to send it in, and I'm screwed because I really want to go here and now I can't because of a "miscommunication". Anyone else ever went through this?
Post edited by sprocket124 on

Replies to: I messed up :(

• cptofthehousecptofthehouse Registered User Posts: 27,941 Senior Member
    Get your recommender to send another copy of the letter to the school, specifically to the director of admissions with cover letter saying this was done months/weeks ago. You send a separate letter saying the same and send both letters separately via express mail or fed express.

Then ask your counselor to call admissions. Write down what happened and what you have done. Have her call a couple of days after the letters are to be received.

Most every school I know sends out missives of some sort with missing info on it. I'm surprised you did not get notification,

Good luck,
  • maidenMommaidenMom Registered User Posts: 875 Member
    OMG - this happened to my D at one of the schools she was applying to (Swarthmore, I think). She was told the same thing but opted to have a new one sent anyway the day she made the call. Really not sure if they ended up with two but didn't take the chance.
This discussion has been closed.