right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Is it better to take regular Calc or AP Stats?

agreatperhapsagreatperhaps - 509 replies87 threads Member
edited March 2013 in College Admissions
For senior year math.
edited March 2013
3 replies
Post edited by agreatperhaps on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Is it better to take regular Calc or AP Stats?

• CosteCoste 390 replies35 threads Member
    AP Stats is usually regarded as an easier AP class, which doesn't really increase your schedule rigor.

Calculus is important to take in high school because it can benefit you in college having had exposure to the material. Is there a Calculus/Stats class? My high school has this with one semester dedicated to statistics and another Calculus.
    · Reply · Share
  • MaybeOnMarsMaybeOnMars 96 replies34 threads Junior Member
    Stats, its more useful
    · Reply · Share
  • SwimSwimSwimmSwimSwimSwimm 46 replies13 threads Junior Member
    It totally depends on what major you plan to have. For example, I like math and am doing engineering next year, so I decided on calculus. If you don't really like math or are planning on a major that doesn't require advanced math, stats is probably the easier option.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity