Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is this a problem?

halcyonheatherhalcyonheather Registered User Posts: 8,987 Senior Member
edited November 2013 in College Admissions
When I submitted my Common App to Northeastern, I accidentally forgot to put down all my senior-year classes, so there are only four written down. Will they think I'm only taking four classes? Will I get rejected or something?
Post edited by halcyonheather on

Replies to: Is this a problem?

• SikorskySikorsky Registered User Posts: 5,851 Senior Member
    1. They'll get a transcript with your Secondary School Report. That will probably show the classes you're currently enrolled in.

2. Your school will be sending them your mid-year grades after the first semester is over. The courses you're currently enrolled in will definitely show up there.

So, no, I don't think this is a problem. But if you're still anxious...

3. You can send an email that says you fear you listed your fall class schedule incorrectly on your application, and send them the correct class schedule. It wouldn't be a ridiculous thing to do.
  • CT1417CT1417 Registered User Posts: 4,282 Senior Member
    Taking up where Sikorsky ended...

You may want to wait until they issue your NU ID# and then send the email to [email protected], referencing your NU ID# in the subject line. Being overly cautious, I would include CA ID# and DOB also, but that is overkill since the NU ID # will capture same.

If you write to your regional rep, the above advice is what he will offer.
  • southerngirl23southerngirl23 Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    Don't worry! I am sure they will see it on your transcript.
  • halcyonheatherhalcyonheather Registered User Posts: 8,987 Senior Member
    They won't see them on my transcript because they're dual-enrollment classes and my high school doesn't know about them yet, and they won't get a Mid-Year Report if they reject me.

So they're okay with me just self-reporting my courses in an email?
    Speaking of that, the second-semester courses I'm actually going to take are slightly different from what is written down on the Common App I submitted, and probably slightly more impressive. Should I email the other schools and tell them what the changes are?
  • SikorskySikorsky Registered User Posts: 5,851 Senior Member
    Yes, I'd email them if I were you, and I would tell them about both fall and my new plan for the spring.
  • purpleacornpurpleacorn Registered User Posts: 1,559 Senior Member
    Self-report in a email. When I applied as a dual enrollment student, I also had to send copies of my university transcript to colleges. If your dual-enrollment courses do not show up on your high school transcript, you should send a university transcript.
This discussion has been closed.