Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Send All Transcripts for Undergrad?

WatermelonFelonWatermelonFelon Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
edited November 2013 in College Admissions
I am a senior in high school applying to colleges now. I was in a month-long summer program at Johns Hopkins University over the summer called "Engineering Innovation." I received an 'A' in the course, so I earned 3 transferable credits for the course called "What is Engineering?" I was technically partially enrolled in the University because I got a student account where I could access blackboard and ISIS and all that.
So I really need to know whether or not I need to send my transcript from JHU (in addition to my high school transcript) to the colleges that I am applying to. I've reported the course on my application. I just realized that colleges might be expecting to see a transcript for it, so for the two early action colleges that I am applying to, I submitted a transcript request about 3 days ago, but it cost $27.50 for each school. Do I really have to do this for all my RD colleges???
Post edited by WatermelonFelon on

Replies to: Send All Transcripts for Undergrad?

• happymomof1happymomof1 Registered User Posts: 28,735 Senior Member
    Yes you need to send the transcript to each and every place you are applying to.

Not only that, but for the rest of your life whenever you apply to admission to a degree program at an accredited college or university in the US, or for a job that requires all of your academic records, you will have to have this transcript sent.
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus Registered User Posts: 73,700 Senior Member
    Yes you need to send the transcript to each and every place you are applying to.

Or matriculate to, in the case of schools that trust self-reported courses and grades on the application but want matriculating students to send transcripts to verify those self-reported courses and grades.
    True. But the OP needs to verify that policy with each place on his/her list.
  • WatermelonFelonWatermelonFelon Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    argggggg! This really sucks... There is no way that I can afford to send all those transcripts. It would cost $357.50! What should I do???
    Email the colleges, let them know about this course. Ask if they will accept self-reported grades.

If none of them will, sit down with your college list and cut out some of the fat.
This discussion has been closed.