Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Can I apply for a UC fee waiver?

batman2014batman2014 Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
edited November 2013 in College Admissions
I live in Arizona and am applying to UC- LA, SD, and Berkely. If I meet the income requirements may I recieve a fee waiver? Additionally, if I am a DACA student, am I still eligible?
Post edited by batman2014 on

Replies to: Can I apply for a UC fee waiver?

  • alamemomalamemom Registered User Posts: 6,384 Senior Member
    Applying for a fee waiver

    You can apply for a fee waiver within the online application and be notified immediately whether you have qualified. You will need to provide your family's income and the number of people supported by that income.
    Application fees | UC Admissions

    Enter the information on your application and you will find out if you qualify for a fee waiver.

    Note: As an OOS student, financial aid will NOT be offered for the $23,000/year non-resident supplemental tuition, and in addition to that you will have a student contribution that will include Stafford loans and a summer earnings expectation. Even with a zero EFC, your costs would be approximately $30,000/year (out of an approximate $55,000 total sticker price). If indeed you qualify for a fee waiver, how do you plan to pay the costs of attending a UC as an OOS student?

    The AB-540 nonresident UC tuition exemption applies to California residents who have attended California high schools, not to out of state students. Nonresident tuition exemption | UC Admissions
    Who is eligible for the tuition exemption?

    If you're otherwise subject to systemwide nonresident supplemental tuition charges but can answer yes to both of the following questions, you are eligible for the AB 540 nonresident tuition exemption.*

    Did you attend a California high school for three or more years?
    Did you graduate (or will you graduate) from a high school in California or the equivalent? A High School Equivalency Certificate issued by the California State GED Office or a Certificate of Proficiency resulting from the California High School Proficiency Examination are considered equivalent to high school graduation.
This discussion has been closed.