Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Ways to get ahead

spinridspinrid Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I'm currently in the 8th grade, a straight-A student, but it is far too late for me to skip a grade. I know most people would say,"enjoy being a kid" or "stay a kid as long as you can", but I have the ambition of getting done with school. Summer is also coming up soon, and high-school will start very soon. What ways can I "get ahead" in high-school? Can I get ahead with summer school? I know it may seem weird that I'm just an eight-grader thinking so far. I'm not worried about falling "behind" either socially or in work. I am very persistent and I am surprisingly very social. I know this seems extremely peculiar but I really want to be done with this obstacle.

So I hope I can get some real tips from people who have experience and not "stay a kid"
thanks(:

Replies to: Ways to get ahead

• AmaranthineDAmaranthineD Registered User Posts: 836 Member
    If you want to accelerate, there are lots of ways to do that, although probably not in all subjects. See how far your school lets you go, like doubling the regular level sciences(or even AP sciences), doubling geometry with algebra, etc. Some schools are very strict about it. You can dual enroll at your local community college class for when you've advanced past Calc BC and can start differential equations, multivar, etc.

This is for advancing faster and getting to more advanced learning, by the way. What do you mean by "getting done" with school though? I wouldn't advise you to graduate early. What do you mean by "get ahead", and "this obstacle?" Taking the same courses as everybody else(and doing well in them), isn't going to disadvantage you at all with college. Why don't you just learn what your school offers when your school offers it?
This discussion has been closed.