Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How Many Rejetions Have You Received?

Replies to: How Many Rejetions Have You Received?

• cherrytreecherrytree Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    4 Rejections. 2 Waitlist. 5 Accepted. 2 Pending.
  • SoCalBumSoCalBum Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    Duke: Rejected
    Brandeis: Rejected …Appealing…but doesn’t matter
    USC: Pending...but probably Rejected
    Tufts: Rejected
    William and Mary: Rejected
    SDSU: Rejected
    CSUC: Accepted
    CSUSF: Accepted

I am going to attend Santiago Canyon Community College and transfer to UCLA thru the IGETC and never have to worry about the SAT's again.

SoCalBum
  • kellyconn1kellyconn1 . Posts: 317 Member
    shadow, nice record. No drew no athelete and no legacy but my step brother went, good grades but not the best by any stretch, great ec's, and great recs.
  • shaddixshaddix Registered User Posts: 2,256 Senior Member
    2 rejections, with one being a #1 choice...still there is always grad school...
    although its wondeful to hear about all these ivy acceptances, may I please remind you this is a site for rejections only and only for those like myself who want to feel sorry for themselves, dwell on it, comiserate with others just like ourselves, not the harvard bound crimson wearing jubilants that just got word that they "only got into Harvard", i feel so bad for you. I am saying most of this in jest but seriously guys, don't come here if you got like into every school you applied to, are the top of your class, inventing a cure for cancer, developing a long term peace plan for the middle east and planning to run for president at 21, this is for us real folk who really want to sort dwell in our misery at least for 24 hours then put on a smiley face, face the world and make some decisions about where we CAN go. You know I am playing with you.

But all you harvard bound lucky dogs, I always thought if someone went to Harvard, had a REALLY hard time making it, wouldn't this be a great idea for a book about your experience:

"DROWING IN THE CRIMSON TIDE"

Would it pique your interest? Got this idea when my two yes TWO cousins got in, but of course they are loving it and of course doing outstanding work! Good luck! And pardon my sarcasim, believe me, its said with the best of intentions!!
  • gloaminggloaming Registered User Posts: 529 Member
    zero rejections, five waitlists, three acceptances
    hellloooooooooooooooooooooo noone that wasn't rejected please!! This is a thread of mourning not celebration..ha ha.
  • squareheadsquarehead Registered User Posts: 533 Member
    1 reject 2 waitlist, 3 accepts
  • soccersarah017soccersarah017 Registered User Posts: 140 Junior Member
    I've gotten 3 rejections so far: UCLA, Northwestern, and Dartmouth. But I got into Cal, so I am a happy girl!
  • lrd1rochalrd1rocha Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    1 rejection (Yale) , 4 accepts (Cal, UCLA, UCSD, UC Santa Cruz).
  • EmmelineEmmeline Registered User Posts: 2,734 Senior Member
    2 Acceptances. 3 Rejections (all in a row!). Waiting on 1.
  • CBA321CBA321 Registered User Posts: 265 Junior Member
    2 waitlists. 4 acceptances. 3 rejections.

Honestly, the whole application process is so bizarre. Waitlisted by safeties, rejected by matches, accepted by a range of schools. Of course my top two rejected me and my number three waitlisted me but hey... number four isn't too bad... out of nine... :\ bummer.
  • CBA321CBA321 Registered User Posts: 265 Junior Member
    A lot of you are pretty dense for being "so smart"

(see post #29, #22)

There are plenty of places to boast about your zero-rejections. A post entitled "how many rejections have you received?" with people talking about all their rejections... *probably* not the place.
  • Jimmy2588Jimmy2588 Registered User Posts: 700 Member
    drowning in my misery.

5 Rejections. 2 Waitlists. In one day.
  • anonamousanonamous Registered User Posts: 894 Member
    4 rejections, 2 acceptances, 1 deferred
This discussion has been closed.