Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UK schools requiring US diploma, but I live in Brazil...?

Fernand126Fernand126 Registered User Posts: 126 Junior Member
So I was looking into certain UK schools and one of them, the University of Edinburgh, said that, for Brazilian students applying to the undergraduate program, I'll need...

"completion of the High School Diploma"


"SAT score of 1800 (600 minimum in Critical Reading, Mathematics and Writing) plus two SAT Subject tests with 650 minimum"

(There are other options but this fits me best)

I study in a good school in Brazil and I've been preparing A LOT for the SAT so I do think I can get those grades. However, my school does not grant ANY international HS diplomas, only a Brazilian diploma.

What makes me worried is that, in the first page about people from Brazil, it says "Students from Brazil are admitted to the University of Edinburgh with a range of qualifications: GCE A Levels, the IB, the AMERICAN High School Diploma with SAT’s or AP’s and other recognised regional systems."

"[...] American High School Diploma with SAT's [...]"

Does it really have to be an AMERICAN diploma?

Replies to: UK schools requiring US diploma, but I live in Brazil...?

This discussion has been closed.