right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Do subject tests matter?

j3nnif3rj3nnif3r 0 replies22 threads New Member
I took the USH and Lit subject tests and I wasn't happy with my score, but they satisfied the requirement for course credit for the schools I'm applying to, so I don't really feel like retaking them. Will not retaking them hurt my chances in any way? I got a 600 on the USH and 560 on the Lit. Yikes.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Do subject tests matter?

• tola2015tola2015 625 replies5 threads Member
    If the colleges you are applying to require subject tests--as in the subject tests play a part in admissions--then yes they do matter. If you already got the credit for the classes with your scores, there really is no point in retaking them.
    · Reply · Share
  • shawnspencershawnspencer 3121 replies12 threads Senior Member
    What colleges are you applying to? If you don't want to send them for the purposes of admission, you could withold them (using score choice) and then send the subject scores after you have decided on a college and are using them for credit. Those scores are slightly low, so if if you don't have to submit them and your school doesn't require them, I think that would be your best strategy
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity