Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Do subject tests matter?

j3nnif3rj3nnif3r Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
I took the USH and Lit subject tests and I wasn't happy with my score, but they satisfied the requirement for course credit for the schools I'm applying to, so I don't really feel like retaking them. Will not retaking them hurt my chances in any way? I got a 600 on the USH and 560 on the Lit. Yikes.

Replies to: Do subject tests matter?

• tola2015tola2015 Registered User Posts: 630 Member
    If the colleges you are applying to require subject tests--as in the subject tests play a part in admissions--then yes they do matter. If you already got the credit for the classes with your scores, there really is no point in retaking them.
  • shawnspencershawnspencer Registered User Posts: 3,110 Senior Member
    What colleges are you applying to? If you don't want to send them for the purposes of admission, you could withold them (using score choice) and then send the subject scores after you have decided on a college and are using them for credit. Those scores are slightly low, so if if you don't have to submit them and your school doesn't require them, I think that would be your best strategy
This discussion has been closed.