Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

University of Mississippi,SD school of Mines,University of Idaho or University of Alaska-Fairbanks??

Geovoulg86Geovoulg86 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
Hello Guys! I am new here and I am really amazed that I found this website. I wish everyone to succeed in any college he/she wishes to go and throughout his/her academic career.

Regarding my matter now, I would like to ask you a question regarding the following universities: University of Mississippi (OleMiss),South Dakota school of Mine, University of Idaho and University of Alaska-Fairbanks.

I am a prospective Geological Engineering graduate student having a major in Engineering Geology. My undergraduate overall GPA is 2.8/4.00 but the GPA of my last two academic years as well as the GPA of my last 60 credit hours are 3.10/4.00 and 3.18/4.00 respectively. I also have 1.5 year of research and working experience as well as two published papers (International and Pan-European conferences) and the third one currently in review. My GRE scores are somewhere in the middle (Q150 V143 AW3.0) and my IELTS is Band 7.0.
My first question is, what are my chances for gaining admission into these schools? And my second question is, which of these schools have more recruiting companies during the career days and have a better reputation in the market?

Thank you very very much. Every single tip and opinion will be highly appreciated!

Replies to: University of Mississippi,SD school of Mines,University of Idaho or University of Alaska-Fairbanks??

This discussion has been closed.