Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Predicting College Admissions in 10 years

saltydog97saltydog97 Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
What will college admissions be like in 10 years? I will start with a few points and feel free to add to them with anything you may think of.

Harvard's acceptance rate is 1.7% and you do not personally know anyone who has gotten in in the past three years.

Washington University in St. Louis has fully taken its place among the Ivies and has become a top 15 university with a 10% AR.

In-state school enrollment will be at an all-time high.

Replies to: Predicting College Admissions in 10 years

• BamboolongBamboolong Registered User Posts: 234 Junior Member
    I am also curious about what would happen to the LACs. A few well-respected LACs still had openings in May this year.
  • saltydog97saltydog97 Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
    I would not be surprised if the LACs increased their class sizes by 250-350 students by that point and kept their AR at approx. the same number
  • DiscipulusBonusDiscipulusBonus Registered User Posts: 1,001 Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd bet that Stanford will continue to hold the title of lowest undergrad acceptance rate among the top schools. The push for entrepreneurship will lead to rich alumni, which will in turn (1) motivate others to attend Stanford with the promise of future wealth and (2) increase Stanford's endowment significantly. And a bigger endowment means better research opportunities, new buildings, awesome professors, and all kinds of other reasons to attend Stanford.
  • SvFalcons74SvFalcons74 Registered User Posts: 154 Junior Member
    With the way things are going only the rich will be able to afford college...
This discussion has been closed.