Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Additional Comments

BeStillMyHeartBeStillMyHeart Registered User Posts: 116 Junior Member
Should I put a self-diagnosed mental illness in the additional comment section? My mom doesn't believe in mental illness that's why I haven't been to a psychologist. I have good grades. My GPA is a 3.7UW. I take AP classes (11 total). Which is also the reason why mom doesn't believe something is wrong. I'm asking because...

1. I believe my grades would be better if I didn't suffer from depression. I'm capable of being a straight- A student. I have a lot of potential. I'm usually a quick learner, but these past couple of years I lost motivation in the classroom. I don't take in the information until later when I feel like it. Which means I'm sometimes left behind or I might miss something that was said that was important.

2. As soon as I get out of school, I want to go home. I dont want to do anything for the rest of the day. I dont complete my homework until late at night or in the morning right before school. Which comes to the main problem..... My ECs are EXTREMELY weak. I only been in two clubs and have a couple of community service hours. My mom isn't the type to make me do stuff. She doesn't like pressuring me. I was appreciative of that at first, but now I'm not.

Neither of my parents been to college and I'm an URM.

Should I include my mental illness on my app and apply to UNC- Chapel Hill and Wake Forest? My ACT scores are mediocre for those schools, but I did receive AP Scholar w/ Distinction. ( I know that don't mean much though) Or should I leave that info off, and apply to other colleges that aren't top-tier. As you probably can tell, I procrastinated with college apps. I don't like procrastinating and I always feel bad afterwords, but it's my lack of motivation. Now, I have about a month left. I just did the basic info. stuff. I want to get my apps done before Christmas break.

I want to double major in Political Science and Economics, and eventually go to law school.

Also: How do I go about asking my teachers for recs? If I don't really have a resume...

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this is messy, it just that my mind wonders a lot and it's hard for me to get my thoughts together. I probably spent about an hour typing and editing this.

Replies to: Additional Comments

This discussion has been closed.