Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Common App ECs. *URGENT*

dogsarecool123dogsarecool123 Registered User Posts: 76 Junior Member
Hi everyone,

I am submitting my common app today for regular decisions, but some of the time commitments have changed for my ECs based on unforeseen circumstances. I was fortunate enough to be accepted to my early action choice, but I am still applying rd to other places. To be clear, I did not lie on anything. I would like to know if schools receive updates to common app ECs after the app has been submitted to other schools.

Thanks.

Replies to: Common App ECs. *URGENT*

• intparentintparent Registered User Posts: 36,009 Senior Member
    If you are asking if schools you previously submitted the Common App to get updates that you make after that submission, they do not.
  • EyeVeeeEyeVeee Registered User Posts: 566 Member
    I agree with @intparent‌, but I would update the "new" apps for revisions. You want to be honest with everyone based on the information at the time of submission.

If your EA were to ask (which they won't)...you need to be honest. Also, if you have relationship with a guidance counselor, you might want to run it past them...but I wouldn't worry.
This discussion has been closed.