Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Mistake on Common App? Advice?

Hind2015Hind2015 Registered User Posts: 81 Junior Member
i looked back on my common app and there was a small mistake.. on the section for entering classes in which you are currently enrolled, when i entered Symphony Orchestra, i mislabelled the course as being "accelerated". I was wondering- would you guys recommend emailing the schools to explain the error? I'm not sure if they will even notice it, but i just dont't want my application to be automatically put in the reject pile because i was considered "dishonest" when it was just a mistake. Thanks!

Replies to: Mistake on Common App? Advice?

• intparentintparent Registered User Posts: 36,023 Senior Member
    Ask your GC what they think.
  • N's MomN's Mom Registered User Posts: 2,212 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Just drop the schools a note with an update including your mid-term grades, any additional honors and awards, a brief line correcting the typo (this really isn't a big deal), and reiterating your interest in their school. Its just not important but you can certainly mention it along with everything else, if it makes you feel better. It doesn't justify a letter by itself. No one is going to think that you are trying to pull a fast one with 'accelerated' orchestra (What does this even mean? You play the pieces extra fast?)
  • intparentintparent Registered User Posts: 36,023 Senior Member
    I wouldn't send mid-term grades in an email -- that is your GC's job. But agree if you have something else to tell them (some other honor or schedule change), it works to put it in with that.
This discussion has been closed.