Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What Decisions are You Waiting For?

Replies to: What Decisions are You Waiting For?

• dominonoodledominonoodle Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Accepted to all of my EA schools(10).
    Only currently considering UT, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Minnesota, Purdue, and Ohio State.
    Waiting on my RD schools(5).
    Only considering Gonzaga, Rice, Rose-Hulman, and Vanderbilt.
  • nat97xonat97xo Registered User Posts: 315 Member
    i'm waiting on ten decisions and one deferral.
  • ds0501ds0501 Registered User Posts: 176 Junior Member
    Waiting on 17 decisions... YIKES :neutral_face:
  • BillyBill1234BillyBill1234 Registered User Posts: 99 Junior Member
    Waiting for the California schools UCs and a couple CSUs
  • determined2300determined2300 Registered User Posts: 408 Member
    Accepted:

1. UMich, Ann Arbor
    2. GaTech
    3. U of M, Twin Cities (Honors+scholarship+research money)
    4. UIUC (James Scholar)

Waiting:

I ain't listing out all of them. But I think 10-11 are there. All reaches except one or two.
  • turqluvturqluv Registered User Posts: 141 Junior Member
    I applied to 10
    Accepted to safeties (CSUMB, CSUCI, and Azusa Pacfic). Waiting on:
    Pepperdine
    Stanford
    UCSB
    UCD
    UCB
    UCR
    Sonoma State (Safety).
    I am so nervous! 14 days til Pepperdine! I am also stressing about financial aid.
  • gearmomgearmom Registered User Posts: 3,904 Senior Member
    @NePatsGirl Does she have a financial safety? Really hope she gets a great offer. You both worked so hard.
    We only applied to 4 and he was accepted to 4. WPI, UMass Honors, UMaine Honors, URI. Only the last two are really financially comfortable but DS is a practical guy.
  • cakeandtearscakeandtears Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    I applied to 10 schools (1 ED, 3 EA, 6 RD). I've gotten 3 acceptances and 1 rejection (you can probably guess which app it was..) I'm very happy with my acceptances so far. Out of the 6 I am waiting on, 1 is an out-of-this-world reach, 2 are high matches, 2 are low matches, and 1 last-choice in-state safety. If I had to predict, I would say that I will end up with 7-8 acceptances and 2-3 rejections, but I really love one of the universities I was accepted into so far- it all comes down to financial aid/merit after that!
  • VSGPeanut101VSGPeanut101 Registered User Posts: 886 Member
    My kiddo applied to 9, one acceptance and one likely letter. 7 more pending. Thank goodness March is here!

@NEPatsGirl, like your D, Barnard is one we are waiting for. I can't find any info about decision date other than that listed on the CC decision dates list - which seems unofficial. What date do you have on your fridge for them? :)
  • ConfusedMominMAConfusedMominMA Registered User Posts: 1,047 Senior Member
    Cornell ED-Rejected
    Villanova EA-Deferred
    UMass EA-Accepted Honors
    UCONN RD-Accepted

Still waiting:
    BC RD
    Villanova RD
    Lehigh RD
  • NEPatsGirlNEPatsGirl Registered User Posts: 2,795 Senior Member
    @BSGPeanut101 ~ I have 7 pm on March 25th (same day as Vassar at 5 pm). That'll be a day to remember, one way or another lol.
    @gearmom ~ Umass Honors is her true safety (because they are non-profile and the NPC is pretty accurate) and she has been invited to the BioTap there as well. But honestly, if a safety is characterized as a school she would be happy to attend, no, she doesn't have one. Of her safeties, UMass is by far the superior school choice for her. We'll be visiting St. Mikes in VT this weekend. My hope is one of the RD schools pans out but if they don't I'd like to see St Mikes or UScranton come close to the UMass cost, giving her three choices. I was joking that we've spend endless days travelling and many thousands of $$ trying to get our list together and she'll end up at UMass in the end lol....she didn't think that was funny :neutral_face: I wish it didn't have the state school stigma...its a great school.
    Only in New England does a state school have a stigma. Students from many other states want to go to UMass. Ironically, she would probably receive the best education there since it is a top school with the 5 colleges as a bonus. And in the rear view mirror, it could be the best decision. She could make important professional connections. She could fall in love there. Could really be the best.
    Agreed.
This discussion has been closed.