right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

What Decisions are You Waiting For?

Replies to: What Decisions are You Waiting For?

• turqluvturqluv 129 replies12 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I applied to 10
    Accepted to safeties (CSUMB, CSUCI, and Azusa Pacfic). Waiting on:
    Pepperdine
    Stanford
    UCSB
    UCD
    UCB
    UCR
    Sonoma State (Safety).
    I am so nervous! 14 days til Pepperdine! I am also stressing about financial aid.
    · Reply · Share
  • gearmomgearmom 3960 replies6 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @NePatsGirl Does she have a financial safety? Really hope she gets a great offer. You both worked so hard.
    · Reply · Share
    We only applied to 4 and he was accepted to 4. WPI, UMass Honors, UMaine Honors, URI. Only the last two are really financially comfortable but DS is a practical guy.
    · Reply · Share
  • cakeandtearscakeandtears 46 replies4 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I applied to 10 schools (1 ED, 3 EA, 6 RD). I've gotten 3 acceptances and 1 rejection (you can probably guess which app it was..) I'm very happy with my acceptances so far. Out of the 6 I am waiting on, 1 is an out-of-this-world reach, 2 are high matches, 2 are low matches, and 1 last-choice in-state safety. If I had to predict, I would say that I will end up with 7-8 acceptances and 2-3 rejections, but I really love one of the universities I was accepted into so far- it all comes down to financial aid/merit after that!
    · Reply · Share
  • VSGPeanut101VSGPeanut101 865 replies21 threadsRegistered User Member
    My kiddo applied to 9, one acceptance and one likely letter. 7 more pending. Thank goodness March is here!

@NEPatsGirl, like your D, Barnard is one we are waiting for. I can't find any info about decision date other than that listed on the CC decision dates list - which seems unofficial. What date do you have on your fridge for them? :)
    · Reply · Share
  • ConfusedMominMAConfusedMominMA 1007 replies40 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Cornell ED-Rejected
    Villanova EA-Deferred
    UMass EA-Accepted Honors
    UCONN RD-Accepted

Still waiting:
    BC RD
    Villanova RD
    Lehigh RD
    · Reply · Share
  • NEPatsGirlNEPatsGirl 2845 replies106 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @BSGPeanut101 ~ I have 7 pm on March 25th (same day as Vassar at 5 pm). That'll be a day to remember, one way or another lol.
    · Reply · Share
    @gearmom ~ Umass Honors is her true safety (because they are non-profile and the NPC is pretty accurate) and she has been invited to the BioTap there as well. But honestly, if a safety is characterized as a school she would be happy to attend, no, she doesn't have one. Of her safeties, UMass is by far the superior school choice for her. We'll be visiting St. Mikes in VT this weekend. My hope is one of the RD schools pans out but if they don't I'd like to see St Mikes or UScranton come close to the UMass cost, giving her three choices. I was joking that we've spend endless days travelling and many thousands of $$ trying to get our list together and she'll end up at UMass in the end lol....she didn't think that was funny :neutral_face: I wish it didn't have the state school stigma...its a great school.
    · Reply · Share
    Only in New England does a state school have a stigma. Students from many other states want to go to UMass. Ironically, she would probably receive the best education there since it is a top school with the 5 colleges as a bonus. And in the rear view mirror, it could be the best decision. She could make important professional connections. She could fall in love there. Could really be the best.
    · Reply · Share
    Agreed.
    · Reply · Share
    Not to mention really easy on the wallet in comparison to the other schools at the far reach of "affordable".
    · Reply · Share
  • 1203southview1203southview 460 replies4 threadsRegistered User Member
    2 ea deferred, 2 safeties accepted, 1 rejection (ut Austin oos), 2 reach "likelies", Waiting on all the rest which are all reaches.

· Reply · Share
  • MidwestDad3MidwestDad3 2172 replies14 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    D admitted EA to Wooster, Sewanee, Ithaca, Wells & Alfred U. Waiting for Union, Denison & HWS.
    · Reply · Share
  • glittervineglittervine 210 replies9 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Accepted to 7, waiting on 7. Still haven't heard from Bowdoin, Amherst, Middlebury, Swarthmore, Wellesley, Bryn Mawr, and Mount Holyoke. I'm going crazy!
    · Reply · Share
    Ahhh, sorry about the deferral from Villanova. D was rejected from Vanderbilt, the only affordable top tier school on her list, thus the ED. I have a niece that graduated early (Dec) from the Isenberg school and was offered a very nice position in the Boston area ~ her major was event planning, a degree I was doubtful would get her a good entry job and I think Isenberg was a major help. Its a tough school and they put out some really good graduates. Funny how I keep reading about these kids warming up to UMass once the rejections and deferrals start hitting home. D's biggest complain is the size and yeah, that it is everyone's safety school from her high school.
    · Reply · Share
  • collegelife101collegelife101 61 replies11 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    edited March 2015
    Accepted
    UCI honors
    UCSB regents

Waiting
    UCSD
    UCLA
    UC Berkeley
    Stanford
    Harvey Mudd
    USC
    Johns Hopkins

All the schools I'm waiting for are reaches, so I'm really nervous. Don't think I can wait three/four more weeks for decisions.
    edited March 2015
    · Reply · Share
  • ConfusedMominMAConfusedMominMA 1007 replies40 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    @NEPatsGirl - too funny about the size thing! That was also one of the things my D didn't like about umass. Most of Her other schools were in the 6-10k range.

Last weekend we attended the admitted students open house. There was lots of talk about the opportunities available at a large university but that the honors college and Isenberg can make a big school seem small. The next day we were talking about the open house and she says to me "BC, Lehigh and Villanova are so small." Quite the turnaround!!

As far as umass being a safety, that seems to less and less so every year. Two years ago when going thru this process with my S, he was applying for Engineering. His GC told him that umass would be tougher for him to get into than UCONN (his top choice). I found that hard to believe but as it turned out he was admitted to UCONN right into Engineering (and is there now) but got admitted to umass undeclared. Looks like his GC was right!!
    edited March 2015
    · Reply · Share
    Oh yea...I'm sure its not the safety the kids think it is, especially in engineering. D would prefer something much smaller, the LACS at 2000-2500 are her first choice. But it is still a safety (financially and academically) for the Mass student in the 3.5-4.0 GPA range I think.
    · Reply · Share
  • NorCalGuy11NorCalGuy11 51 replies10 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    All the UC's except Merced....
    I applied to 10 schools, and I thought that was a lot haha
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity