Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What Decisions are You Waiting For?

Replies to: What Decisions are You Waiting For?

• NEPatsGirlNEPatsGirl Registered User Posts: 2,924 Senior Member
    Not to mention really easy on the wallet in comparison to the other schools at the far reach of "affordable".
  • 1203southview1203southview Registered User Posts: 464 Member
    2 ea deferred, 2 safeties accepted, 1 rejection (ut Austin oos), 2 reach "likelies", Waiting on all the rest which are all reaches.

• MidwestDad3MidwestDad3 Registered User Posts: 2,186 Senior Member
    D admitted EA to Wooster, Sewanee, Ithaca, Wells & Alfred U. Waiting for Union, Denison & HWS.
  • glittervineglittervine Registered User Posts: 219 Junior Member
    Accepted to 7, waiting on 7. Still haven't heard from Bowdoin, Amherst, Middlebury, Swarthmore, Wellesley, Bryn Mawr, and Mount Holyoke. I'm going crazy!
    Ahhh, sorry about the deferral from Villanova. D was rejected from Vanderbilt, the only affordable top tier school on her list, thus the ED. I have a niece that graduated early (Dec) from the Isenberg school and was offered a very nice position in the Boston area ~ her major was event planning, a degree I was doubtful would get her a good entry job and I think Isenberg was a major help. Its a tough school and they put out some really good graduates. Funny how I keep reading about these kids warming up to UMass once the rejections and deferrals start hitting home. D's biggest complain is the size and yeah, that it is everyone's safety school from her high school.
  • collegelife101collegelife101 Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    edited March 2015
    Accepted
    UCI honors
    UCSB regents

Waiting
    UCSD
    UCLA
    UC Berkeley
    Stanford
    Harvey Mudd
    USC
    Johns Hopkins

All the schools I'm waiting for are reaches, so I'm really nervous. Don't think I can wait three/four more weeks for decisions.
  • ConfusedMominMAConfusedMominMA Registered User Posts: 1,047 Senior Member
    edited March 2015
    @NEPatsGirl - too funny about the size thing! That was also one of the things my D didn't like about umass. Most of Her other schools were in the 6-10k range.

Last weekend we attended the admitted students open house. There was lots of talk about the opportunities available at a large university but that the honors college and Isenberg can make a big school seem small. The next day we were talking about the open house and she says to me "BC, Lehigh and Villanova are so small." Quite the turnaround!!

As far as umass being a safety, that seems to less and less so every year. Two years ago when going thru this process with my S, he was applying for Engineering. His GC told him that umass would be tougher for him to get into than UCONN (his top choice). I found that hard to believe but as it turned out he was admitted to UCONN right into Engineering (and is there now) but got admitted to umass undeclared. Looks like his GC was right!!
    Oh yea...I'm sure its not the safety the kids think it is, especially in engineering. D would prefer something much smaller, the LACS at 2000-2500 are her first choice. But it is still a safety (financially and academically) for the Mass student in the 3.5-4.0 GPA range I think.
  • NorCalGuy11NorCalGuy11 Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    All the UC's except Merced....
    I applied to 10 schools, and I thought that was a lot haha
  • ifwelivepoetryifwelivepoetry Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    I'm really waiting for my top three: Barnard, Wellesley (got a likely from EE so maybe good news), and Smith College., but officially I have 2 acceptances and I am waiting on 9.
    Good luck ifwelivepoetry ~ D got a possible at Wellesley so we think that's off the books but she got an early-write from Smith the same day. A "likely" is an admit unless something in your life changes drastically. Barnard is one she is waiting on too!
  • Homeless2PrincetonHomeless2Princeton Registered User Posts: 447 Member
    Waiting on 21. I know. Woah.
    Accepted to 6, includjng UMinnesota and UAlabama
    The rest are all reaches except 2, finally in the home stretch!!!
  • Bored1997Bored1997 Registered User Posts: 550 Member
    @Homeless2Harvard You filed 27 apps along with waiver forms and scholarship forms for each? That is incredible :-O
  • Homeless2PrincetonHomeless2Princeton Registered User Posts: 447 Member
    @Bored1997‌ shamefully yes, I started very misguided in the whole college search and applied to a bunch of schools until I focused it much more towards the end
This discussion has been closed.