right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Will colleges care if the company you intern for is obscure?

alwadiyaalwadiya 43 replies16 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
I am considering interning for an obscure, <10 employee company. The firm is staffed only by Ph.D's and it's not like its a bs company. During the internship I would be doing non-trivial work, like excel work, drafting documents, web page development, and some minor mathematical work. So it's not fetching coffee.

If I write down on my college application: "Interned for [insert company name here] for 8 weeks", will colleges (1) actually look up the company and see that its obscure, and (2) discount this experience because the company is obscure? My passion is math so I was hoping this would demonstrate pursuing my passion.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Will colleges care if the company you intern for is obscure?

• skieuropeskieurope 37367 replies6486 discussionsSuper Moderator Posts: 43,853 Super Moderator
    Colleges will not care if the company is obscure, so the rest of your questions are moot.

Even more important than for college admissions (gasp!) the internship should give you some exposure to the field, and potentially, help open a few doors further down. Good luck.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity