Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Should I Realistically Consider Georgetown and NYU

cardiganguycardiganguy Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hello I am a current rising junior that has a few questions on what colleges I should realistically consider to visit and apply . I attend a prestigious and very recognized Catholic high school in RI that has a long history of sending students off to "top notch" schools. (Ex. Graduating class has students going to Harvard, Brown, Duke, Georgetown, and West Point) I have a 4.0 GPA (unweighted) taking the most difficult courses I can. Unfortunately my school does not offer AP classes during sophomore year, but I will be taking APUSH and AP English Language this coming year. I am currently interested in attending schools that are in large cities and preferably Catholic (religious affiliation is not a deal breaker however). I am very interested in applying Georgetown, but was wondering if I would make a good candidate for the school.

Extracurriculars/Volunteer Work includes (thus far):
President of Student Council-Elected for Upcoming Year
Treasurer of Class-Freshman Year
Director of Student Organization-Past Year
Alliance Française-2 Years
Theatre-2 Years
Technical Crew-2 Years
Altar Server-7 Years
Lector
Eucharistic Minister
Chorus-2 years
Men's A Capella-1 Year
Dance Club-1 Year
Chamber Chorus-1 Year
Arts Alive!-Theatre Community Outreach Program
Camden New Jersey Mission Trip

Also are there any other schools I should consider? I plan on majoring in either accounting or economics and considering Villanova and Fordham as well.
Any help and or feedback would be very much appreciated :)

Replies to: Should I Realistically Consider Georgetown and NYU

This discussion has been closed.