Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Does GPA matter for college courses taken in high school?

Lola523Lola523 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
I'm an arising junior in high school and in my sophomore year, I took ECE UCONN bio. ECE UCONN is a program where you can take UCONN classes in your high school and receive college credit for the Univ. of Conn. On my high school transcript, it will say I got an 85 for the whole year but, Uconn's transcripts will show that I have a 2.65. Is that really bad? Is that going to be factored into my college GPA if I do decide to go to Uconn or transfer my credits to another college?

Replies to: Does GPA matter for college courses taken in high school?

• bodanglesbodangles Registered User Posts: 9,185 Senior Member
    If you transfer your credits, your GPA will most likely not go with them. If you decide to go to UConn, however, you might be saddled with the 2.65 -- look up their policy on it. My dual enrollment credits (through Pitt) would have kept the GPA attached, had I gone there.
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus Registered User Posts: 76,097 Senior Member
    GPA in college courses taken while in high school will follow you around for:

* Applying to frosh or transfer undergraduate admission.
    * Applying to graduate or professional school admission.
    * If you attend the same college that you attended while in high school, those grades will be part of your GPA there. If you attend a different college, they usually will not (possible exceptions for different campuses within the same system).
  • DarkEclipseDarkEclipse Registered User Posts: 712 Member
    Post #2 is correct.
This discussion has been closed.