Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Appliation process for a Gap Year Student

tkpasqtkpasq Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
I have a student who will take a gap year in India, however she understands that she has to apply soon for the fall 2016/17 year. Now that there is a revised SAT test, will she have to retake the tests? or can she use the same test scores she took in spring Jr year and fall Senior year? how about her subject tests? She is from California so the UC's are on her list and several privates.

Replies to: Appliation process for a Gap Year Student

• PartyNextDoorPartyNextDoor Registered User Posts: 531 Member
    She does not need to retake SATs as those will be valid at probably all colleges, but check the policy on each of the colleges' websites to make sure. I think the rule is that the colleges will accept either the current SAT or the redesigned SAT, but they will not superscore between the two.
  • tkpasqtkpasq Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    Thanks good to know. If it was any other year, I wouldn't be as nervous, but since they change the SAT's this coming year I wanted to make sure.
  • PartyNextDoorPartyNextDoor Registered User Posts: 531 Member
    @tkpasq No problem. I'm taking a gap year as well, so I'm trying to finish all standardized testing by December of this year.
This discussion has been closed.