Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

undergraduate or transfer

darkmirrordarkmirror Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
So I was accepted by UC berkeley with a not that great of a GPA and SAT
I'm unable to go this year because of several reasons
my question is, if i apply again as an undergraduate what are the chances they will accept me again ? also can I take SAT again this year again to get a better score on it ?

Another question is if I take classes during fall at a community college and I do get accepted as undergraduate applicant, will I be able to transfer those classes ? (since I wasn't in high school and I took college classes)

another question, should I use the same exact essay or should I change it a little bit ?

thank you

Replies to: undergraduate or transfer

• mikemacmikemac Registered User Posts: 10,329 Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Another question is if I take classes during fall at a community college and I do get accepted as undergraduate applicant, will I be able to transfer those classes ?
    As soon as you sign up for even 1 unit outside of the summer that you graduated HS you will become ineligible to apply as a frosh applicant. Read carefully the gray box on the right side of http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/counselors/transfer/index.html

Your plan will cause them to cancel your admission, should you be accepted when you reapply. And to answer what may be your next question, no, you can't take some classes just to keep your academic chops up and decide not to tell them. There is a national registry, they will find out.
  • collegemom3717collegemom3717 Registered User Posts: 6,176 Senior Member
    why would you not ask them for deferred admission (gap year)?
This discussion has been closed.