Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Submit supplementary research paper during mid year report

HeyYaThereHeyYaThere Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
I have been lurking on this site for a long time and it has helped me get lot of clarity on the admission process. This time I am stumped with a question My D will be applying this year and I was wondering if one can submit research papers during mid-year reports. Her research paper will be done by end of Jan. Can it still be submitted after the Jan 1 deadline?

Thanks.

Replies to: Submit supplementary research paper during mid year report

• bjkmombjkmom Registered User Posts: 7,968 Senior Member
    Sorry, I'm confused: why would you submit a research paper?
  • i_wanna_be_Browni_wanna_be_Brown Forum Champion Brown Posts: 8,303 Forum Champion
    Do you mean a paper published in a peer reviewed journal or a research paper for a class? The latter should absolutely not be sent in and the former only needs a citation, not the full text.
  • T26E4T26E4 Registered User Posts: 24,274 Senior Member
    Very few colleges want writing samples. Your DD's submission of an unsolicited HS research paper is a VERY bad idea. Look what post #2 says about a legitimate published article which is 500X more important than a HS research paper.
This discussion has been closed.