right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Submit supplementary research paper during mid year report

HeyYaThereHeyYaThere 7 replies7 threads New Member
I have been lurking on this site for a long time and it has helped me get lot of clarity on the admission process. This time I am stumped with a question My D will be applying this year and I was wondering if one can submit research papers during mid-year reports. Her research paper will be done by end of Jan. Can it still be submitted after the Jan 1 deadline?

Thanks.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Submit supplementary research paper during mid year report

• bjkmombjkmom 7948 replies159 threads Senior Member
    Sorry, I'm confused: why would you submit a research paper?
    · Reply · Share
  • i_wanna_be_Browni_wanna_be_Brown Forum Champion Brown 8241 replies73 threads Forum Champion
    Do you mean a paper published in a peer reviewed journal or a research paper for a class? The latter should absolutely not be sent in and the former only needs a citation, not the full text.
    · Reply · Share
  • T26E4T26E4 23243 replies1031 threads Senior Member
    Very few colleges want writing samples. Your DD's submission of an unsolicited HS research paper is a VERY bad idea. Look what post #2 says about a legitimate published article which is 500X more important than a HS research paper.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity