right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

additional information on commonapp please help

harrisonwe98harrisonwe98 86 replies61 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 147 Junior Member
under what circumstances are we supposed to write something for the

Please provide an answer below if you wish to provide details of circumstances or qualifications not reflected in the application. You may enter up to 650 words.

i wrote about my chess awards in 2007... should i put that? please reply ?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: additional information on commonapp please help

• sophie9999sophie9999 442 replies7 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 449 Member
    Generally, admissions officers are only looking for achievements and extracurricular during high school, so I would not include awards from 2007.

Here is a link on what to include in this section: http://www.collegeessayguy.com/blog/2014/11/23/common-app-additional-info
    · Reply · Share
  • BrownParentBrownParent 12597 replies179 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 12,776 Senior Member
    I agree with sophie unless it is something very high level, national level, you probably wouldn't want to mention something like that. I can see putting it if you won or placed high in the Scripps Spelling Bee, for instance. Many people use that section to mention a hardship they had that didn't fit elsewhere. It is perfectly okay to leave that section blank.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity