right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Please help me choose which honors to include on the common app!

reppincollege1reppincollege1 185 replies77 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 262 Junior Member
edited December 2015 in College Admissions
Title says it all, would really appreciate some help! Here are my awards/honors.. I know they're pretty basic and insignificant but whatever

• AP Scholar award with Distinction
• Member of The National Society of High School Scholars
• Member of the Johns Hopkins center for Talented Youth Program
• Participant in the 2016 TOPSS Competition for High School Psychology Students
• MVP Award for Varsity winter track and field (2015)
• Most Improved Award for Varsity spring track and field (2013)
National Honor Society *School*
Science Honor Society (I included all the other subject honor societies in my activities because I'm an officer for the rest)

Also, I added the track awards in my activites *the description* so I'm not sure if I should still include it in the honors section
edited December 2015
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Please help me choose which honors to include on the common app!

• reppincollege1reppincollege1 185 replies77 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 262 Junior Member
    Bumpppp
    · Reply · Share
  • rdeng2614rdeng2614 1736 replies82 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,818 Senior Member
    I'd say MVP award.

AP award, you can tell someone got it from their self-reported scores.
    National Society of High School Scholars-What were the requirements for this?
    John Hopkins-That's in 8th grade which is before high school so it doesn't count.
    Participating in a competition-Are there any requirements to participate?
    National Honor Society-
    Science Honor Society-Both these depend on if they're difficult to get into or not.
    · Reply · Share
  • T26E4T26E4 23243 replies1031 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 24,274 Senior Member
    You have only eight. List them all. I'd put MVP and your local NHS at top. List NSHSS last or omit it -- it's the most meaningless.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity